At the time of this writing, we seem to have a global Coronavirus pandemic (although the UN seems to be reluctant call a spade, a spade). I am not a fan of CNN (or most mainstream news channels) but at least they had the balls to call it as it is
I have 2 young boys and my biggest fear is not so much the Coronavirus, but more of how the public at large will respond once the fear porn gets splashed nonstop across social media, news, etc... I have taken steps to have a PLAN B in case we need get out dodge, but Phase 1 of my plan will be to bug in and limit our trips outside the house. I would suggest you read up and follow some leaders in this space. I happen to like https://thesurvivalmom.com and https://www.theorganicprepper.com
My PLAN B will be to move for at least several months to a more remote location that has a small community of like minded citizens. I think there is strength in numbers and being a lone wolf in these situations might not pan out well if SHTF. (of course you still need to maintain safe social distances of 3.5m or 15', wear N95 masks, wash hands frequently, etc...)
Part of that plan will be to bring calories dense foods that store easily, along with typical prepper items. The other thing I intend to bring [SELF PROMOTION ALERT] is my Black Cobra Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 laptop. It is the most reliable brand on the market according to PC MAGAZINE and it is meant for harsh environments. In fact it is Made in Japan. Most laptops come from China with what I consider, "delicate" quality standards.
• I want a laptop that will not break easily, even if used outdoors in the rain, etc..
• It has a real GLOBAL GPS that does not use cell / wifi to acquire a signal.
• Can setup a solar panel setup to charge the battery in case the power grid goes down
• Use my cell phone as a hot spot, to access the internet from the Toughbook
• Store thousands of books and videos for educational / survival purposes
• We will be able to watch movies, play games, listen to music and have entertainment
Read the review or our Black Cobra Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 from Vinjatek
- a former covert operative: https://vinjatek.com/black-cobra-toughbook-cf-19/
Check out this video to get a better idea of how crazy tough the Panasonic Toughbook CF-19 is. It survives being pulled behind a snowmobile! Don't try this with other laptops...
I hope the Coronavirus gets under control, but I suggest you start preparing. It is like insurance, it is better to have it and not need it. Or to put it another way... it is too late to buy house insurance once your roof is on fire.
Be safe, have hope and plan accordingly.